Thursday, March 5, 2009

March 5, 2009

When I wake in the morning, the second hand is moving around the clock. The measurement of my time, rather the measurement of the snatching away of my time, has no mercy. It is tick, tick, ticking and I immediately start making decisions. Each decision plots a certain amount of time on the graph of my day. You know how hectic the floor of the stock exchange appears? Sometimes that is a good picture of the "needs" in my life, all raising their hands bidding, trading, yelling for me to plot them onto the day's plan. And at then end of the day, some are slumped over in their wrinkled suits, loosened ties, and disheveled hair because they never succeeded. My life is being split into many areas right now. We need to have gobs of "stuff" moved out of our office and ready for Tommy to begin his new career as the agent. Moved where? Into my house. We need to have all our business "moved" from one computer to another in our house. The apartment beside the office, which I have been using for storage, needs to be cleaned out and rearranged because Tommy wants to rent it for the family to use in the evenings or when some child needs a place between activities in town, rather than driving home so often. And the most humongous challenge; because we are having a retirement party in our back yard in three weeks, there is a particularly rude and impatient group of rowdy brokers demanding their slots of time. AND, my mom is having hip replacement surgery Monday!

It is overwhelming. But I know that the most important thing I do when I wake up is to immediately plot the time on my graph for reading Words of Life, when I go to Him with all these demands on my life, when I call out to Him concerning the hurts and needs of my friends and family. And most important, when I just praise and worship Him. "Oh magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name forever." Ps 43. How can I magnify the one who created all that exists? Isn't He already bigger than I can even conceive? I think this means that I declare His works, that I make them big by praising Him, by telling others what He has done. This is magnifying Him. It is reminding myself how great He is. I feel that is the real need in my life. Especially now when I am being pulled by all these legitimate demands for my seconds. He is sufficient. He will provide the energy and the means.

Prayers for my mom's surgery will be appreciated.

Love,
Jennifer

3 comments:

Debbie in CA : ) said...

My dear Jennifer,

I know all too well the parsing of a day's time with far too many duties and needs. Of late my days are richly filled to overflowing, but not all is to my liking. When I reach "Full" I run and nestle under the Wing of my Father in Heaven. I wimper and sob, or maybe just rest . . . wondering why I don't do this more often. Abiding . . . it's a good thing.

You are in my prayers as is your mom. Rest, sweet friend, rest. He has it all planned out and He promises hope and joy and everything good . . . in His time. : )

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

Very pretty lamp... love the purse1

Anonymous said...

You and your mother will be in my prayers. My husband had hip replacement surgery about 2 years ago. Best thing he ever did! It is a little rough at first, but each day is better. Tell her is she plans to fly, leave early and leave a lot of time to be wanded! Every time my husbands flies, that's the case!!!