Sunday, March 15, 2009

Update on My Mom AND Purple shrub

My mother had some very difficult days but God has worked on her behalf and she is so much better. She wants out of bed and is ready to work on the therapy tomorrow. After too much morphine followed by days with no pain medicine and then a few days of confusion and hallucinations, she is now herself. We are so thankful. I appreciate you praying for her. Isn't it amazing that God lets us be a part of what He does as we pray? We pray the Word. We listen and pray as we are led. We praise and express the faith He has given. And He is faithful to provide for us what we need to walk through the day we are in. We appreciate these days to show our mother how much we love and appreciate her. God is so good.

Shrub With Purple Blooms

I planted this shrub a few years ago and it has grown so slowly. This is the first year it has had these pretty purple blooms. They are opening on this long white streamer. They are pretty.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just got home and am so happy to hear a good report. I always felt so blessed that God gave me 4 months of My Mother living in my home that I could care for her, love her and serve her. What a blessing she was. We are so blessed to have had our parents so long. Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

Debbie in CA : ) said...

So glad for this cheerful update on your mom's condition. Praise the Lord!

This plant is simply lovely. Is it an indigo? I planted several but only two returned the next year. But those two are SO PRETTY. Mine won't be blooming for some time, however.

I'll keep up the prayers. XO

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

I'm so glad your Mom is improving.
I lost my Mom when she was 55, 39 yrs ago, and so wished she could have stated longer but God knows best.
Your plant is so pretty it kinda looks like a wisteria bloom, but it's not a vine.
Will continue to pray for your Mom's speedy recovery.
Molly

Anonymous said...

Your purple blooms are wonderful.

And I'm happy your Mama is recovering.

Yes God is indeed a wonderful creator and He does take care of us.

Mizpah!