Sunday, February 1, 2009

Spiritual Sunday

I am participating this week in something called Spiritual Sunday which you can reach by clicking HERE. My heart is filled with good stuff I would love to be able to share with you but at this minute feel unable to do. I guess I am just tired and feel unable to organize my thoughts... I had a wonderful evening at Cornerstone Fellowship Baptist Church. I am sure I am partial to hearing my own husband speak, and he did tonight, but I know that the words he brought were not his but from the Lord. The theme for the Bible Conference was Stand Firm in Your Faith and his night specifically was The Battle Is The Lord's. I cannot begin to write all the scripture or examples he used. You are well aware of the times we are in. If we are not standing firm on the truth, we can be swept away in defeat momentarily. When Jairus heard the news that his only child had died, Jesus words were, "Fear not, only believe." (Luke 8:50) Read 2 Chronicles 20 about what Jehoshaphat did when he feared because of the great multitude that had come against the people. He proclaimed before them that God ruled! Things looked bad. They did fear. But, they gathered themselves, sought the Lord, and proclaimed the truth of God's power and authority. He is in control. He does love us. As David told Goliath, the battle is the Lord's. Our role is to proclaim truth, to fear not but only believe. Brian said we must choose from now on, to" interpret my life experiences by the Word of God, not to interpret the Word of God by my life experiences." What is the answer when we go through one of life's struggles? I must also gather myself, seek the Lord, know His Word is true- He loves me and He is in control and then proclaim it with every ounce of strength and breath I have. I know what it is like to sorrow so deeply that you physically hurt all over... you have to tell yourself to take the next breath. If you have ever watched your child suffer, you understand. I can concur that offering a sacrifice of praise, loudly proclaiming the truth of God's Word even if you are alone in your own bedroom, "prepares the way that I may show you the salvation of God." Ps 50:23. "Your praise shall continually be on my lips." Ps. "...for He hath said, I will never leave thee nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear..." Hebrews 15: 5-6
God loves me. God is in control. Praise, praise, praise Him!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer.
I'm so glad you chose to share with us on Spiritual Sundays. I could certainly identify with you in what you said in your post. My husband was a pastor for 45 years and I never tired of hearing him preach. He always said I was just prejudiced, but I don't think so.
Wonderful thoughts you expressed here. Thank you for sharing with us.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your hubby preached a powerful sermon. I especially am thinking about learning to "interpret my life experiences by the Word of God, not to interpret the Word of God by my life experiences." In these times, I do remind myself a lot that God is in control. Have a blessed week.

SmilingSally said...

As a parent, I can appreciate how much the Father loves me, his child. Thanks for sharing this reassurancing message. Happy Spiritual Sunday.

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

What a great message today, I'm glad that you shared it here.
Ginger

Ms.Daisy said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us on this Spiritual Sundays post. Very inspirational words of God's truths.


~Jean

Ms.Daisy said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us on this Spiritual Sundays post. Very inspirational words of God's truths.


~Jean

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

Thank you for your kind comments on my SS blog. Our church moved their evening service up to 4PM EST because I live in PA and I guess they figured not many people would show up. The youth had a Soup Bowl where they made big vats of chili and chicken noodle soup and sold it to make money for the shelter. A lot of the people wore their Steelers attire. Boy, I remember when I wore hats to church. Does that age me? lol