Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thursday June18, 2009

It is a beautiful morning, a slight "cold" front moving through. Brian and I sit outside and read in the mornings. I would like to share from the book I am reading, Concentric Circles of Concern.

"He who has My commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves Me; and he who loves me shall be loved by My Father, and I will love him, and will disclose Myself to him" John 14:21).
If you agree with what God has told you about what He wants you to do and you obey it, Gad has said he will disclose or make himself conspicuous or real in your life. When Jesus reveals his will for your life and you obey him, he becomes conspicuous. He becomes real.
The times in my life when Jesus has been the most real have been those times when I have, out of sheer obedience, said, "Father, I do not know how, why, or what, but I will obey you."


The author, W. Oscar Thompson Jr was able to describe how Jesus has become so real to me when in similar circumstances, when all I could do was respond in the way scripture directed. Specifically, it has often been, give thanks, praise, trust. And Jesus becomes so sweet, so conspicuous, as he says. The book is very good, teaching how to let Jesus become conspicuous in our lives to those in the circles God has placed us in.

I have not been blogging and have considered letting it go. It's a time dilemma. There are so many things to be doing that I don't have time to sit and write about it. So, I think I may try to "journal" here, just to record parts of my days.

Today, I attend a birthday party for a friend. (much older, of course) I'll journal about that tomorrow. The Squash Cook Off at Rule is today at lunch time and I've never been. It would be fun to see the Rule folks. This afternoon, I may shop. Brian wants something to darken our bedroom windows so we can sleep a little later. I am more caught up than usual in the yard and the house but there is still plenty to do. We've had so much change lately that I am still recovering. It is a wonderful day.

4 comments:

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

We would love to read your jounal, I find in the summer ans Spring when there is so much going on blogging can really take up your time.
Molly
PS I enjoyed your section from the book, it is so up lifting to read and reconfirm God's promises to us.

Anonymous said...

so just wondering...did you go to the squash cook off. sounds good. Don't quit blogging...just don't feel like you have to be perfect. Are you a perfectionist? I think so. Come have a burger one day.

Debbie in CA : ) said...

Hello Sweet Friend,

I am popping in for a quick visit. I, too, battle with the time-consuming nature of a blog and the needs of my family and Lord. I blog when I can about whatever He puts on my heart. Some days I am drained and feel burdened; others I am elated and overflowing. Life is never the same two minutes in a row around here, but I know that is just how God wants it.

Of late, I have been carrying a heavy heart as my daughter Lydia has a leg infection that has proven stubborn. If you find a moment while on your knees in the garden, please pray with me (for me as much as for her).

So much in life I do not understand . . . so many worries crowd my mind -- and then I get on my knees and hand it all to Him. Then I smell flowers again, feel cool breezes, and smile at the birdsong.

I need to be in my garden with God this day . . . so I will sign off with a hug for now.

XO! Debbie

Ruth MacC said...

Ah, dont sstop blogging Jennifer, I like popping over to see you! I know you care about the people you visit in blogger land:D

Your diary sounds like a great idea. It gives me a little look into the life of an American Christian woman. I will enjoy reading it.

However, of you get a bit fed up with it all just take a break and when you are in better form for it, come on back?