Monday, January 12, 2009

"Praise" and "Snow"

If you or someone you love aren't going through a season of testing or suffering, you probably have or it may be in your future. If you have, I hope you experienced the comfort of God through obedient praise to Him. I can't explain it but I can testify to its reality. You may agree with me that in some extreme circumstances, daily survival can depend on what He does in us and for us when we praise. Below are some quotes about praise that I love.

"I think God is especially honored when we offer a sacrifice of praise. He is glorified when we offer words of adoration wrenched from a pained and bruised heart... Most of the verses written about praise in God's Word were penned by man and women who faced crushing heartaches, injustice, treachery, slander, and scores of other intolerable situations." Joni Eareckson Tada

"Praise is a declaration, a victory cry, proclaiming faith to stand firm in the place God has given you. Praise is a proclamation that the enemy's intent to plunder you will not rock you. Praise declares that you will not be moved by the enemy's attempt to snatch you away."

He who sacrifices thank offerings honors me, and he prepares the way so that I may show him the salvation of God. Ps. 50:23

Praise Him! Tell others about this promise of God.

ON THE WEATHER, remember the snow of Feb ' 07 in our area? How we need moisture now. Literally everything outside is covered in layers of dirt. Enjoy these pictures of the pretty snow two years ago. I Love you.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer...I just re-read your accident post from last year and frankly I had to laugh although I know you must have been besides yourself. How long did it take for you to do that video? That was amazing...you have really taken to this blogging, picture taking, story telling stuff... Thanks for the laugh. Life is full of trials. Love ya...come over for a hamburger sometimes.

FancyHorse said...

It's easy to praise Him in the good times (but sometimes I forget even then), but you're right. We should praise Him in the bad times, even especially in the bad times. Thank you for the reminder.
(((hugs)))